27.4.11

life sans


today was the day my life almost died.

true story.

i've never been so thrilled to see red, never embraced the sharp twist of my insides. it was as though they were twisting in celebration within me, a happy jig that they, too, could carry on without carrying an addition. no changes, no baby. nothing like a good pregnancy scare to make you love your life!

i know i'm disgusting a few women right now, and disgracing those sacrificial mothers everywhere in the world. please don't get me wrong. i love mothers and babies. chances are i love your baby. one day i will join your ranks willingly and with the better celebration of life. until then, cut me some slack and let me glory in my freedom, travel the world i love and sleep in until 11 on saturday in my house sans toys.

so consider this my toast. i raise my fine glass of life high to the sky and cheers to my lover and my life. we will drink deep the years before us and remind everyone else what unencumbered living is like!

that's why this is not a mother's blog; no recipes, no crafts, no lengthy expositions of how i handled the lady at the park with the unruly kid; no cutesy photos of billy and girl baby. and what is it about becoming a mother that makes an ordinary girl uber-opininated, littering the blogosphere with dogmas of diapers, food preparation and conflict resolution. i thought mother's were tight on time? what the what?

to all my friends who are mothers, you know i love you.
even more, if this blog hasn't already outed me, i'm not ready to walk where you tread so gracefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment